Dr. Ruth Dahlquist-Willard
Small Farms AdvisorCooperative Extension Fresno County
550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Small Farm Program
Ph. D. Entomology, University of Idaho. 2008
B.S. Biology, UCLA. 1998
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Subtropical Fruits - Other
- Vegetable Crops - General
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Food Safety
- Fernández-Bayo, JD; Randall, TE (2018). Effect of management of organic wastes on inactivation of Brassica nigra and Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. lactucae using soil biosolarization. Pest Management Science. 74:8, 1892-1902.
- Oldfield, Thomas; Achmon, Yigal (2017). "A life cycle assessment of biosolarization as a valorization pathway for tomato pomace utilization in California." Journal of Cleaner Production 141: 146-156.
- Fernández-Bayo, Jesús; Achmon, Yigal (2017). Assessment of two solid anaerobic digestate soil amendments for effects on soil quality and biosolarization efficacy. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 65:17, 3434–3442. April 14.
- Fernández-Bayo, Jesús; Achmon, Yigal (2017). Comparison of soil biosolarization with mesophilic and thermophilic solid digestates on soil microbial quantity and diversity. Applied Soil Ecology. 119, 183-191. October.
- Achmon, Yigal; Fernandez-Bayo, Jesús D. (2017). "Weed seed inactivation in soil mesocosms via biosolarization with mature compost and tomato processing waste amendments." Pest Management Science 73(5): 862-873.
- Dahlquist-Willard, Ruth; Marshall, Megan (2016). "Development and validation of a Weibull-Arrhenius model to predict thermal inactivation of black mustard (Brassica nigra) seeds under fluctuating temperature regimens." Biosystems Engineering 151: 350-360.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Small Farm - Chair
- Agroecology and Organic Farming Systems - Member
- Entomology - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Water Quality - Member